Although fall means the end of summer and the pending arrival of winter, it also means we are wrapping up our 2023 spring/summer construction program. Our crews have been busy and will continue to work on projects until the frost settles.
- Grading (moving of dirt to sculpt the land to a desired slope) on the first stage of the second lake continued throughout the summer. The first phase of expansion is approximately 70 acres, at full build the second lake will expand to 100 acres, more than double the size of our current lake. The second lake will be connected to our existing lake through a channel under a bridge that connects the village centre to the north side of Harmony. Next year construction on the edge treatment of the lake and the bridge will begin.
- Approvals for the construction of the East Harmony Trail extension are underway and construction will begin spring 2024 with a target completion of late 2024. This roadway will provide a second access to Harmony by connecting East Harmony Trail to Range Road 33.
- Phase 12 was graded and had undergrounds installed throughout the spring/summer. Surface (paving) will begin shortly with lots being released to our builder group by the end of the year.
- Landscaping on the greenspace in Phase 11 (on the north end of Harmony) has been substantially completed. Fencing is currently underway with final touches planned for spring 2024.
- Grading is complete on the Village Centre with underground work starting this fall and surface construction planned for the 2024 summer/fall program.
- The Clubhouse at Mickelson National opened this summer. We have enjoyed having a new venue for our residents and look forward to all the upcoming events!