One of the first ranching families to migrate to the area now known as Springbank was the Copithorne family. It is Samuel Copithorne, the youngest of three brothers, who made the long trek from Cork County, Ireland whose direct descendants own the property upon which Harmony is now being built.
Starting from humble beginnings, Samuel and his two older brothers grew to establish ranches and farms from as far west as Jumping Pound Creek near Cochrane and spanning throughout the Springbank area. Today many of the Copithorne descendants across multiple family branches still remain active in the agricultural and ranching industries.
Samuel married local born-and-bred Springbanker Beatrice Ethel in 1915, three years before Springbank was even officially named The M.D. of Springbank in 1918. They had four children, including son William (Bill.)
Bill took on the family traditions and with beloved wife Harriette, they raised their own family of six children in the area.
Harmony was created with intensive consultation with the family of Bill and Harriette Copithorne, the contemporary generation of siblings who determined the time and location were right to support the vision of a community like Harmony.
Today the family remains on as a valued partner.